Last Day to Drop a Course to Receive a "W" Grade | Grad Schools: 20-SPAA | 26-GSN | 27-SCJ

In This Section

Students cannot drop their last class or withdraw completely from school via Webreg. You must notify your dean's office to complete an official withdrawal from school form.

To contact your schools, please visit:

Understanding "W" Grades

During the Fall and Spring Semesters, if you drop a course during the drop period, the record of your registration for that course will never appear on your transcript.  If you withdraw from a course after the drop period, the course remains on your transcript with a grade of "W", indicating that you registered for the course but withdrew.  W's do not affect your GPA nor are they included in degree credits completed.


It is important to remember that, according to federal financial aid guidelines, the credits for classes from which you've received a "W" are attempted credits and are calculated into your credit completion ratio.  Should you fail to complete the required percentage of attempted credits, you could be placed on financial aid warning or suspension.  You can click here and read more about "How Dropping and/or Withdrawing From Courses Affects Financial Aid".

Graduate - Criminal Justice, School of Public Affairs & Administration, & The Graduate School
Academic Session: 
Spring Semester